Trust Tairāwhiti has supported the following groups to help better respond to community needs throughout Covid-19.
- Gizzy Kai Rescue for fast expansion of services and support for volunteers $5,000
- Presbyterian Support Services – Tauawhi Men’s Support 0800 number $1,800
- Te Aroha Kanarahi Trust – Te Araroa Support package $5,000
- Te Aroha Kanarahi Trust – Hicks Bay / Wharekahika Support Package $5,000
These groups that have been supported, in addition to the Forestry Wellness Centre that Trust Tairāwhiti pledged $10,000 in February to help forestry workers affected by Covid-19, all speak to the five priority areas we refer to on our website;
- Community groups or business
- That support vulnerable members of our region, and currently face a lack of resource or foresee a lack of resource.
- Organisations that have the capability to help prevent or mitigate the risks
- Risks to human wellbeing, which may result from Covid-19.
- Groups solving problems that Covid-19 has made significantly worse.
- supporting those in self isolation, with basic needs not being met, as a result of Covid-19.
- New and emerging ideas to support the region
- Communities or groups in the emerging situation, which contribute to improving regional wellbeing.
In addition, the Takitoru team has noticed a transition from survey conversations to conversations about initiatives and programmes which may be considered for funding support.